Watch it Now

Watch Lie to Me Episode 4

"I distrust weddings. They lead to marriage."

Let me just say that ever since I started to watch lie to me online I have 100% fallen in love with it! And guess what? Episode 4 gets even better. Hard to believe I know but listen to what happens in episode 4 of Lie to me.

Lie to Me Episode 4

In this episode we get things in reverse. So instead of trying to solve a murder we're going to try to prevent one. This is a great display of how important Cal's skills (ie. deceit detection) truly are. He is so well trained he can find the body language of someone who is about to commit a crime.

And he takes his time teaching others (for large amounts of money of course). So we see him in the Korean embassy helping to protect the Korean ambassador who recently announced his candidacy for president.

Ria and Eli also tag along. Ria again notices that Gillian's husband is not telling the whole truth and Cal decides to ignore it. It is possible that she might be a future love interest or perhaps that they have a history together.

Either way we get some goody background stories for each character. And we most definitely see that Cal has a serious distaste for weddings. And seeing how he was at one point married to what he assume his now ex-wife that just makes more questions for us. These weren't answered when i got to watch Lie to Me Pilot.

Ria and Eli do their thing well and serve as fantastic supporting characters. Additionally the writers really love to compare people to Bill Clinton during the Lewinksy trials. They used it when I was watching Lie to Me episode 2.

So this Korean story is fantastically interesting because it works in reverse.

Watch lie to me episode 3

1 comment:

  1. Heh, I imagine how frustrating must be to write so much and have no one leaving you a comment. Heh, I will leave you one then! :)
    Episode 4 was clever but the end was very odd and forced. Being a Korean myself I couldn't but to get disappointed since the last 90 degree bow that the ambassador does to his illegitimate son is reaaaallly odd in the Korean Culture. 90 degree bowing is the utterly most respectful protocolar bow towards someone very important in the upper hierarchy, like officials, CEOs, presidents, grandparents or to a very strict father.
    Now a father would NEVER do a 90 degree bow to his son, certainly not an ambassador to his body guard, and clearly not to an illegitimate son, that last scene is a What-the-fuck-just-happened oddity that every Korean would feel.
    What I really don't understand is how is it possible that no one realized this gross mistake in the filming, a simple comment from a Korean actor would have sufficed to correct this.
    A more likely and normal behavior could have been a hug, if the intention of the director was to make him recognize him as his son.
    For me the last bowing scene ruined the whole episode, it destroyed the forth wall.

    ReplyDelete